Fiona's Nordic Plan - 21 Day Programme
Eating like a Viking
The Nordic Way is all about enjoying natural food and choosing high quality ingredients which have more nutrients. Generally these are foods which have been produced locally (ideally to organic standards), and are eaten in season. Try eating an orange that you’ve bought in your local supermarket, and then compare it with one that’s just fallen off the tree in Spain. That’s what I’m talking about!
People in Nordic countries enjoy simple recipes which harness the natural flavours in their food. If you want to embrace the Nordic Way, here are the general principles which you can apply, regardless of where in the world you live:
- Buy higher quality sources of fat, protein and carbohydrates (from local producers, ideally to organic standards)
- Increase your intake of omega 3 fats and reduce your intake of saturated fats from animal products
- Switch from refined/packaged cereals to wholegrain cereals, such as porridge oats
- Eat more protein from plant sources, and less from animal sources
- Limit your intake of added sugar and processed foods
- Swap high fat dairy for low fat dairy
- Eat more freshwater fish (at least 2-3 servings a week), and animals from the wild
- Eat more cruciferous vegetables such as kale, cabbage, broccoli, sprouts and cauliflower
- Limit processed and red meat
- Limit the use of salt in food products and in food
- Spend more time outdoors and enjoying creative pursuits that you enjoy
Inside my 21 day Nordic Plan you'll find a tasty selection of recipes and handy shopping lists to make things easy for you. The ingredients not only taste great - they will make you look and feel amazing - and the recipes can be enjoyed by the whole family.
You'll save money by being more organised, you'll support your local economy, and you'll reduce your impact on the environment too. You'll also be able to enjoy treats such as wine, cake and icecream, so there will be plenty to entertain your monkey brain. You definitely won't be going without!
Do you fancy 21 healthy and delicious days to a new dress or shirt size? Ditch the diet and follow The Nordic Way!
Complete the form below to pay via Stripe and your plan will be sent by email within 2 hours.
By completing the form below and placing an order you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
The New Nordic Recommendations have also suggested that supplements may be used, to make sure that you are getting all the nutrients you need to meet the additional lifestyle demands of today. You'll find my commonly suggested supplements further on. Of course, your nutrient requirements are unique, so if you're keen to take it one step further you can always book an appointment with me.